Skin Lightener Buyer's Guide For 2013
A Guide to finding the best products to remove dark spots, age spots, sun spots and more...
With a good Skin Lightener many types of skin blemishes can become a thing of the past.
A good skin lightener can clear up dark spots and age spots in a few weeks, and other smaller blemishes such as spots from acne, can be cleared up in a matter of days.
But which product do you use?
Every skin lightening product claims to offer the best results for the money, but as we both know, product claims can be far from the truth - and on top of that, some of them can be downright dangerous.
So how do you pick one out from a seemingly unending selection of products out there? This is where we come in! We looked at all the best skin lighteners on the market and analyzed each of them to find out which ones use the most effective ingredients (with no dangerous ingredients) and which ones work best.
First - The Ingredients That Work
For a skin lightener to be effective, it not only has to use the right ingredients, it has to contain the right combination of ingredients as well. Many skin lighteners claim to be using the best of everything... but, be careful! Many do not contain the right amount of ingredients to turly achieve results. Here are the ingredients that have been proven to work:
- Alpha Arbutin: A compound derived from organic materials, Alpha Arbutin blocks the effects of melanin on the skin by evening out and brightening up skin tone.
- Octadecendioic Acid: Another powerful melanin blocker, this has been clinically shown to reduce melanin by 16.3% in just two weeks.
- Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract: Extracted from rare Japanese citrus, Unshiu peel reduced the intensity of age spots by 28% in clinical trials!
Dangerous Ingredients to Watch Out for:
Unfortunately, many skin lighteners still use ingredients that are proven to be a hazard for skin care. Using a skin brightener with these ingredients can cause adverse effects than the results you wanted to see! The following ingredients can cause serious damage to your health:
- Hydroquinone: This carcinogenic chemical is actually banned in most countries except the US! Besides increasing skin sensitivity, it has been linked to tumor growth. This is definitely not something you want to be applying on to your skin.
- Mercury: Believe it or not, mercury is still used in some skin brighteners. The reason is because it is inexpensive. Be very careful of this as it is one of the most harmful things you can put on or near your body. Mercury can destroy your kidneys as well as your nervous system. Mercury is used more often than you think, so always, ALWAYS read the label carefully.
Which Products Work Best?
Which products are shown to be the most effective while still contain safe ingredients?
Out of everything we looked at, only a few fit the bill. The majority of products simply don't achieve the results they claim and many of them still use ingredients that are detrimental to your health.
However, the ones that truly stand out simply work wonders! A couple of the products we reviewed did everything right with their formulas. They contain the best ingredients tested in clinical trials to reduce all kinds of skin blemishes. They are safe to use... and received glowing reviews from their users.
Below are our top products in the skin lightener category. If you are looking for a product to clear up dark spots, age spots, or acne blemishes, these are the ones to use.
- Safe Ingredients
- Real Clinical Trials
- Positive User Reviews
- Company Reputation
- Never Tested On Animals
#1 Top Choice: CITY Lights Radiance Perfecting Cream
Of all the skin lighteners we have reviewed, this is the most superior of them all.
A truly top-of-the-line skin lightener, City Lights does everything right with its formula. It's completely safe with no questionable ingredients, and we found no reports of skin irritation from any of the women who used it. Best of all... it works!
How Effective is City Lights?
This is the part we love most about City Lights.
We read nothing but amazing things about how well City Lights works.
Women rave about this is product and they use it to reduce the appearance of any type of skin blemish.
We read reports of City Lights clearing up dark spots (age spots/sun spots) in as little as 3 weeks. Acne blemishes clear up even faster with women reporting results in as little as 4 days.
One woman even said this product saved her from the $900 she was going to pay for getting IPL/PhotoFacial treatments.
If you're looking for a skin lightener that works miracles to vanish all types of skin blemishes, you have found the One!
You can find out more about it in the link below. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you. We know you won't be disappointed.Read Full Review And Learn More About City Lights >>
Where To Order Your Product >>
#2 Second Choice: Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Fx
The consensus second place pick was Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Fx, which came closest to replicating the results of City Lights.
However, this product uses a potentially dangerous ingredient. Plus, it can only be purchased from a doctor's office rather than having it directly shipped to your door, which is keeping this product from ranking as top tier of skin brighteners.Read Full Review >>
#3 Third Choice: Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum
Rounding out the top three was Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum. This was an excellent product in many respects, but just didn't make a strong enough impact on skin tone and luminance to challenge City Lights.
Additionally, it was very pricey, which is surprising given that it didn't have any of the compounds that traditionally drive up the price of skin brighteners.Read Full Review >>
P.S. While City Lights is the best skin brightening formula we've found, we would still love to hear about any other brighteners you've tried. If you have you had a great experience with a brightener of your own, please send me an email at email@example.com with the details. We'll check it out and if it looks good, we'll post it here.
What You're Going To Learn:
- The Best Product To Lighten Dark Spots, Age Spots, Sun Spots And Acne Blemishes.
- How To Choose A Safe Skin Lightener
- The Ingredients Clinically Proven To Work
- Potentially Dangerous Ingredients That You Should NEVER Use
6 Rating Factors In Evaluating Skin Brighteners:
- 1) Safe Ingredients
- 2) Clinically Proven Ingredients
- 3) Hydroquinone- and mercury-free
- 4) Opaque Packaging
- 5) Proven Reputation
- 6) Real User Reviews & Results